The Student Association, an important liaison between the students and management team of the CRHMR. It contributes to developing a stimulating and rewarding academic life.
The Association participates in organizing the Research Day and weekly student presentation events; and periodically organizes social and recreational activities (happy hour, wine and cheese, outings, etc.).
The Association can provide answers to students’ questions about the Centre’s operations or about grant applications.
- Antoine Simoneau (J-A DeSève)
- Amina Dahmani (Polyclinique, basement)
- Frédéric Duval (Polyclinique, 3rd floor)
Many of the student activities are organized either on a weekly or annual basis.
Every week, a student presents his/her research project to the scientific body of the Research Centre. Presentations usually last about 25 to 35 minutes followed by a question period.
This activity serves to:
- help students develop the ability to deliver scientific presentations: this will be an important skill for them throughout their scientific career;
- give students the opportunity to exchange with peers on issues they are experiencing;
- provide students with constructive advice that will guide them in their research pursuits;
- keep the CRHMR’s research body informed about the projects that are under way in each of the research axes.
Every student must give a presentation on his/her research project once a year.
Visit the student presentation calendar.
Every week, the CRHMR welcomes local and international research investigators. For the students, these conferences are opportunities to:
- broaden their horizons by discovering research projects that are under way in other parts of the world;
- build relationships within the scientific community.
Following the conferences, students are invited to an informal luncheon to meet with the guest speaker.
Discover the 2016-2017 conferences
The Research Day event is a major annual opportunity for Master’s and Ph.D. students, postdoctoral fellow, research assistants and residents to share the findings of their most recent work with the entire HMR scientific body. The crowning moment of this day features an award ceremony where prizes are given to the best presentation in each category by a jury composed of external researchers.
This themed activity also makes way for CRHMR research investigators and is chaired by a guest investigator who is associated to the theme of the day.
Research Day 2017 will take place on June. The event program will be available soon.
Every year, the CRHMR receives B.Sc. students for summer stages that last about three months.
Toward the end of August, the Centre organizes a day in their honour during which they deliver a presentation on their research findings to the Centre’s scientific body. To acknowledge their contribution to scientific advancement; to encourage them to continuing pursuing a career in this field; and to recognize the excellence of the most deserving students, awards are given to the best presentations.