Office Phone: 514-252-3400 ext. 4649
Lab Phone: 514-252-3400 ext. 4653
Research Axis Immunology-Oncology
Research Unit Cellular Immunogenetics
- Associate Research Professor
- Senior Postdoctoral Internship with Dr. Marika Sarfati, University of Montreal (2002-2005).
- Postdoctoral Internship with Dr. Christopher C. Goodnow, Australian National University (1999-2002).
- Ph.D., Immunology (supervisor Dr. Patrice Hugo), McGill University (1995-1999).
- B.Sc., Immunology, McGill University (1992-1995).
DISTINCTIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- CIHR, New Investigator Award (2010-2015)
- Junior Investigator Level 1, FRSQ (2007-2011).
- CIHR Senior Research Fellowship (2002-2007).
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, CIHR (1999-2002).
- Graduate Studies Award, FRSQ (1995-1999).
Our research goals are aimed at defining homeostatic regulation of cell populations composing the immune system and to identify their impact on the susceptibility of complex genetic diseases such as autoimmune diseases and cancer.
In particular, we study variations of T cell and dendritic cell sub-populations in various strains of mice. The ultimate goal is to increase our understanding of the cellular population dynamics in the immune system. This research will provide the basis for cellular therapy protocols aimed at restoring the immune balance to prevent the onset or abrogate the progression of various auto-immune diseases and lymphoid cancers.
Technologies: congenic and transgenic mice, cellular immunology, multiparametric flow cytometry, genetic association studies of polymorphisms.
Dr. Lesage and some of her students appear in the documentary movie on type 1 diabetes. www.sweet16film.com
- Erin E. Hillhouse
- Geneviève Chabot-Roy
- Mathieu Goupil
- Roxanne Collin, FRQS Scholarship
- Lorie Guilbault, Gabriel-Marquis Scholarship
- Laurence Raymond-Marchand
- Eric Désautels
RRevious graduate students:
- Claudine Beauchamp, M.Sc., 2007
- Marie Vilquin, Master II, 2009
- Lisa Bellemare, M.Sc. 2012
- Véronique Dugas, Ph.D.,2011
- Fanny Guimont-Desrochers, Ph.D., 2013
- Erin Hillhouse, Ph.D., 2013
Guimont-Desrochers, F., Boucher, G., Dong, Z., Dupuis, M., Veillette, A., Lesage, S. Redefining interferon-producing killer dendritic cells as a novel intermediate in NK cell differentiation. 2012. Blood 119, 4349-4357. Highlighted as “Plenary Paper” by the journal. See also: Inside Blood, Zitvogel, L. & Housseau, F. Blood 119, 4345-4346 (2012).
Pelletier, A.N., Guimont-Desrochers, F., Ashton, M.P., Brodnicki, T. Lesage, S. The size of the plasmacytoid dendritic cell compartment is a multigenic trait dominated by a locus on mouse chromosome 7. 2012. J Immunol. 188, 5561-5570. Selected by Faculty of 1000: top 2% papers in the field.
Hillhouse, E.E., Lesage, S. A comprehensive review of the phenotype and function of antigen-specific immunoregulatory double negative T cells. 2013. J Autoimmun. 40, 58-65.
Chognard, G., Bellemare, L., Pelletier, A.N., Dominguez-Punaro, M.C., Beauchamp, C., Guyon, M.J., Charron, G., Morin, N., Sivanesan, D., Kuchroo, V., Xavier, R., Michnick, S.W., Chemtob, S., Rioux, J.D., Lesage, S. The dichotomous pattern of IL-12R and IL-23R expression elucidates the role of IL-12 and IL-23 in inflammation. 2014. Plos One. 9(2):e89092. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0089092.
Dugas, V., Liston, A., Hillhouse, E.E., Collin, R., Chabot-Roy, G., Pelletier, A.N., Beauchamp, C., Hardy, K., Lesage, S. Idd13 is involved in determining immunoregulatory DN T cell number in NOD mice. 2014. Genes and Immunity. 15(2):82-7.
Collin, R., Dugas, V., Pelletier, A.N., Chabot-Roy, G., Lesage, S. The mouse Idd2 locus is linked to the proportion of immunoregulatory DN T cells, a trait associated with autoimmune diabetes resistance. 2014. J. Immunol. 193(7): 3503-3512. Recommended by the Faculty of 1000.
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Council of Canada (NSERC)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Genome Canada
- Canadian Diabetes Association (CDA)
- Fonds québécois de la recherche sur la nature et les technologies (FQRNT)
- Maisonneuve-Rosemont Hospital Foundation